Little Hands On Rhythm® - Activity Games
- Product Code: Little Hands on Rhythm
- Availability: In Stock
- $110.95 CAD
The Little Hands On Rhythm® - Activity Games includes the Little Hands On Rhythm Primer Kit and the Random Rhythm card set. Each rhythm kit includes instructions for five rhythm games. The numbered cards are not just for rhythm games but can also be use.....
- To encourage students to name the notes and rests and learn their beat value by matching the beat number on the card with its equivalent note and rest value.
- To explore Instruments of the Orchestra. These are the wild cards for the Rhythm Games. 2-4 wild cards can be added to the numbered deck. The student assigns a value to the wild card accordingly. The 20 instrument cards can be used separately to teach students the sections and instruments of the orchestra
Our on-line tutorial videos are easy to use and can help classroom teachers teach...
- The note and rest values
- Time signatures and bar lines
- The difference between a beat and a rhythm
Please see our teacher resource page to find how Little Hands On Rhythm® - Activity Games can assist in teaching aspect of the fundamental elements in the Ontario Ed. Music Curriculum.
Contents and Quantities for Little Hands On Rhythm®
RHYTHM BOARD (22cm x92cm/8.75” x 36.25”) with TIME TREE
112 MAGNETIC MANIPULATIVES:
|Time Signatures:||One 4/4, one 3/4, one 2/4|
|Basic Beats:||Four for each time signature|
|Beat Counters:||Four for each of numbers 1,2,3,4 (sixteen ‘+’ signs; four ‘='signs)|
|Note values:||Four whole notes, sixteen quarter notes, eight half notes, sixteen barred eighth notes, four dotted half notes|
|Rests:||Four whole/half rest, four quarter rest|
|Bar Lines:||Three bar lines, one double bar line|
Random Rhythm card set includes:
- 32 numbered cards (1, 2, 3, 4)
- 20 instrument cards
- 3 rhythm game instructional cards
Volume Discounts Available. Contact Us for Details
"I am amazed and thrilled to observe how eagerly my students reach for the bright, colourful magnetic Rhythm Board and concrete rhythmic manipulatives.
Children with differing musical capabilities and learning styles are equally excited to explore the rhythms they create and sound out on various percussive instruments.
They intuitively begin to apply and challenge their own knowledge, extending learning quite naturally into the logical 'next step'.
A wonderful aid in early musical literacy, this product is a beautiful teaching tool!!"
B.F.A. (Spec.Hon.Music), B.Ed.